17 May 2006

STINKER



There's a new addition to the Stinkrock family. Devon James Roberts was born May 2nd in the middle of the night. Here's a pic of my niece holding the new kid. Notice the red hot lightning bolt shirt she sports, that's a stinkrock gift. I try my hardest to make them all rock kids.

I held my nephew for three hours straight and watched him sleep, watched him wake, watched him tense and relax. I couldn't shake the feeling that he'd already figured out more than I have about how to live life.

The highlight of the visit, as always, was spending time with my 4-year old niece. I've discovered that we share the same fondness for poop jokes, and with a newborn in the house, there was plenty of raw material to riff on. And when she was done jumping on me and hanging off me, we settled down to her animal sticker book. She pointed to a worm and informed me, "All they see is dirt!" Indeed.

Hopefully, that's what separates us from the worms. See less dirt!

6 Comments:

Blogger Chrispy said...

Ah, the wisdom of a 4 year old. "All they see is dirt" is a great line, and broadly applicable, I think.

Of course, when she's a bit older, you can sit her down and explain that, as worms do not have eyes, they don't see anything. But by then she'll be old enough to understand that "The worms ARE the spice" so everything will be OK.

Ah, children. Can't live with 'em, can't evolve without 'em.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Dfactor said...

You want a poop fan? Sheesh, come over and hang with Lucas one night....;-)

11:54 AM  
Blogger Tony Alva said...

Poop jokes and stickers, two things any four year old can't live without. Babies rule!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Jackson said...

I can attest to the young Alva's fondness for poop related humor - but isn't that redundant - poop is humor, just as worms are spice, and soylent green is people.

I amend Tony's last statement. Other peoples babies are great.

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info http://www.pay-per-click-sites.info/proactivriskfreetrial.html

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Signs and symptoms children with asthma plastic surgeons patents

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home