10 November 2005

Munchkinland

They've forced out a Ukrainian laundromat at my corner and put in a Dunkin' Donuts. Did I write about this yet? No.

Since coming to New York in 1994, I've moved 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 times, so I've never lived in a neighborhood long enough to see things you like & need go, and chains come stomping in to take their place.

Well, this is not one of those times. There's a better laundromat on the other Avenue that's cleaner, open later and always has driers available. And as for Dunkin Donuts, Munchkins rule. I've got my midget costume all picked out and plan to serenade my new DD sugar-meth franchise with The Lollipop Guild when they open their doors later this year.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chrispy said...

SWEET

The Muchkin saved DD, in my opinion.

But as far as striaght up donuts go, I gotta go with the Krispy Kreme. They're.... fluffier?

10:27 AM  
Blogger Jackson said...

mmmmmm my favorite carcinogen, wait, ok, I like alot of carcinogens...

11:48 AM  
Blogger stinkrock said...

Dunkin Donuts is my place. We'd go there at 4am for a dozen when I was 15.

I had a shitty childhood.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Chrispy said...

which guildmember do you fancy yourself?

i think of you as the one on the left.

1:37 PM  
Blogger stinkrock said...

I've always associated with the one in the middle. But now, taking another look, looking at the one on the left is like looking into a mirror. The resemblance is uncanny.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

Wait, those aren't real Munchkins! Those are just a bunch of dope-smoking, sex-crazed Hollywood extras PRETENDING to be Munchkins.

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home