21 October 2005

CROATIA 3 of 150

This concept clearly isn't going to work. I need to find a few hours to get stages 3-150 out in a hurry. or maybe 3-50. or maybe 3-4. but not tonight. there just aren't any cliffhangers at 3.

It's times like this where I think about John S. Hall's legendary tour diary. John S. Hall is the lead singer, cheerleader and man-boob of King Missile, the geniuses who brought us Jesus Was Way Coool, and Sensitive Artist, and World War III is a giant ice cream cone. As expected, King Missile took their success to the rock 'n' roll roulette wheel and put all their money on Prog. The wheel came up 'Detachible Penis' and thousands were left dead.

But JSH never lost his writing skills. He started doing spoken-word/poetry reading tours, which are as mundane as those words look. Suppose you were marooned in Kansas and facing two A-frame peeling-paint houses overgrown with dead corn with Baptist refrigerator-magnet signs hung out front, and one said 'Bingo Hall' and the other said 'Spoken-Word/Poetry Reading.' You'd be in Bingoland before my Uncle Rat-tail could finish drawling "I-19!"

But John was smart. He milked the tour like a family goat, getting some tour money to keep a road diary, with one condition. He could make shit up.

(to be continued)

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

Is this the story you told to me and Andrea? I need to know so I can schedule my Stink Rock reading appropriately.

9:18 AM  
Blogger stinkrock said...

It is indeed. But much like the story of The Three Little Pigs or "Debbie Does Dallas", it's enjoyable to hear more than once.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

I'd rather see more posts about machine spleens.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home