28 January 2008

No Point

Proof that rock and roll died in the 1970s, then came back to life. (via The Onion, and no, not the funny part)

Ok, 1970s, I kid. Sure you gave us Abraxas and Keith Moon's death, but you also gave us the inspiration for this 1980 nugget of saucy corn.

And speaking of that kickass band, watch the kickass intro to same band's website. Why the high-tech use of still photography? My guess is because rippling neckfat does not rock into the night.

"This is my neighbour Neckfat. He likes to take our laudry out when it's not dry and when he goes into the laundry room, he sounds like a bull moose in a china shop."

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

Dude, lay off the digs against prog.

You have been warned.

10:59 PM  
Blogger stinkrock said...

Warned? I've already been tortured. tell us why 'La Villa Strangiata' is better than 'Blitzkrieg Bop'. Please.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

Well, obviously, it's more "intellectual." I mean, Neil Peart wrote the lyrics and stuff. And he's, like, an intellectual and stuff.

Actually, I've never really thought of Rush as a prog band. They are sui generis.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home