04 January 2008

SNOBBERY

On New Years Day, at 0:00 hours, CurrentTV broadcast Radiohead performing their new album 'In Rainbows' live in the studio.

It was phenomenal. It was absolutely stunning.

The following "indie" artists should stop performing immediately: Midlake, Rilo Kiley, The Hold Steady, The Decemberists, Peter Bjorn & John, Matt and Kim, Litebrite Lloyd Wright, Wolfmother, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Joanna Newsom, Pieces of Daffodil, Cat Power, Cat Power, Cat Power.

Bands people should listen to more: None. When dolphins learn to play instruments, bands will fully form. Until then, there is no hope.*

After Traffic, was there any doubt that Steve Winwood's solo career would suck?

If I were born in another country, and I attempted to produce an album of music about the United States of America, I don't know what I would compare it to, because Rattle and Hum is such a piece of shit.

*You may listen to Can.

David Bowie hasn't released a good album in 25-30 years, but he dyes his hair so his fans think he's fashionable. Some of them continue to support the Tin Machine years.
The guy's an assbite on a mosquito.

England as a country is cock. They've produced The Beatles, The Stones, The Kinks, The Who, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Bowie, The Jam, Pulp, The Smiths, and yet they always poll Oasis as their favorite band. Puke-flavored curry-shop hobos.

I don't know if we have 'Tommy' or 'Dark Side' to blame, but concept records *always* suck.

Musically? Thank god John Lennon died.






P.S. Steve Albini was right. About everything.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jackson said...

I saw the Radiohead thing as well. Fucking cool. Thom likes a big mic.

I never have listened to any of those listed acts.

I agree with your ramblings, and had I a blog in the early nineties when I lost faith in new music, I'd have said much the same.

I liked Bowie's 2000 release, 'Heathen' - Visconti.....

2:40 AM  
Blogger Tony Alva said...

Man, sounds like you're in the same mood I'm in...

10:05 AM  
Blogger Chrispy said...

Visconti continues to produce good work. On matters regarding records, bands, production, Bowie's hair, and eyewear, he's the only source I currently trust.

Dean & Britta's "Back Numbers" (produced by Mr. Visconti) is a fantastic record; thankfully they're not a band so they are exempt from this post. This album oozes melody like oil from a teenager's face, and the beautiful sounds sit side by side with the homely ones with neither group feeling unworthy.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

Truth is, I lost interest in most new stuff long ago. As you are fond of telling me, I don't even like rock. Most of the time I listen to classical music now and I am on the verge of developing a jazz habit.

12:04 PM  
Blogger stinkrock said...

Make sure to listen to a little alt-country. It's methadone for the jazz habit.

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home