15 February 2007

POLICE




I'm a little dubious about this Police reunion. They sounded good enough at the Grammys I suppose but they appear to have no chemistry whatsoever. Maybe this is the result of seeing 'Does Everyone Stare' last year which reveals Stewart Copeland to be an unfeeling, uncaring robot (albeit an amazingly talented drummer and musician). If they were to make a sequel to 'The Wizard of Oz' where the Tin Man goes to the wizard to get his heart removed, they could cast Stewart Copeland in the role.

Is this just a money grab? I have no problem with that, the Sex Pistols did it, the Pixies did it. But Sting doesn't need the money. He obviously doesn't care that much about the music, listen to his last 17 records (ok, don't, I didn't). So why is he doing this? He strikes me as such a pompous ass, like he had a nasty fight with his wife and reformed the band out of spite to get back at her as if he's saying "Screw you, I'm going to Bonnaroo and fucking a tentload of hippies." Sounds like he's trading in tantric sex for tantrum sex.

Anyway, if I hear they're playing Synchronicity II and Bring on the Night I'm so there.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm...I'm with ya on those Sting assumptions...he really doesn't need the money, so maybe he's helping Stewart/Andy out (who do?)? Or maybe he wants a break from boring (yet tantric) Trudi?

Lots of speculation in that comment above. Maybe I should refrain from that in the future...:-)

Signed,
One who doesn't really know, nor will you know me

11:56 AM  
Blogger stinkrock said...

I'd refrain from speculation normally, but the Tin Man head fits so nicely on Stewart Copeland's neck.

It's all for entertainment; I love the Police's music.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Tony Alva said...

"...the Tin Man head fits so nicely on Stewart Copeland's neck."

Coincidence? I think not.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Museum Hours said...

melissa and I both tried in vain to get tix this morning (dot of 9, more than one browser doing searches). both shows at MSG and the boston shows too sold out immediately. it was always hard to get ticketmaster tickets, thanks scads of tickets reserved for VIPS (and, i suspect, ticket scalping companies), not to mention the high face values and infamous fees. now there's all this presale and ticket auction jazz. three presales! best buy, amex and -- my favorite -- the "fan club" where you pay $100 (or was it $150) for the privilege of buying early. revolting.

excuse my rant. by the way, nice photoshopping skills.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Jackson said...

Who are you going to sell into slavery in order to get the ticket?

I have no time for the lot of 'em.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home