31 January 2007

Stinkrock, pt. 2

Earlier this month, I traded emails with a guy who was interested in the stinkrock moniker. I gave him my spiel, and asked for pictures of his cats. Well, he came through, big time, and has a lot to say about rock and roll.

I get a big charge about hearing strangers talk about rock 'n' roll, and this cat owner says some brilliant stuff about it, so I include the bulk of his email here. Good on you, man.









Hi There Stinkrock,
Thank you for a vey nice letter. Yes, I do recall the term
stinkrock as per 60's rock. It had not occured to me. I think it is very unique,
unlike so many others I've seen.
I am enclosing some pictures of Rocky & Stinker, since you asked.
Stinker was born in a junk yard, and as a little tyke, used to stare
at me from a distance. This went on for 2 years, till I was able to
handle him while eating. He took a great liking to Rocky, who I fell
in love with at a cat shelter, Grateful Paw...Stinker weighing 12 lbs, would roll Rocky who weighs 16lbs, a muscular animal, like he was nothing. Something looked right to me. Till Stinker was bitten in the paw and needed to be
hospitalized for a month and a lot of money. Too late, you are no
longer running free in the junk yard. So it was at a park only, and he
was wild. Weeks later, he surrendered. So here we are now, the three
of us live out of my van, yes ...van, and they go to the park everyday
and come back to me almost right on scedule. In Commack we live. So at
this moment, i am 53, Rocky 10, Stinker 5. From the way I handle them,
they are a comedy duo...very funny. I've had 2 strokes from industrial
accident........long story. So there you have it. I am a extreme lover
of the Rock & Roll scene....1957-1987.........Favorite album by far is
'to our childrens children...moody blues & Today....Beach Boys. Jimmy
Page is the guitarist for all early Rolling Stones...did you know
that?...........ELO..........all pop, like monkees..motown,
philidelphia sounds.............The greatest artistic achievement for
mankind is Rock & Roll...a mans greatest achievement is the Pieta, by
Michealangelo. There is no end.......................Thanks for the
nice letter. If you feel like giving up the name, well......consider
me..................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home