01 January 2007

happy new year!

hey occasional stinkrock reader,

What a mindbending AC/December. I barely survived, but I'm more alive than ever. Best wishes to you in '07.

I'm a listmaker, but I have no lists. Instead, I've got three things to share to kick '06.

#1: This was the most fascinating thing I saw this year. Malcolm Gladwell sits with guys who think they've hit on a formula for making movies into $$. If the video doesn't load the first time, refresh the page. If you still can't see it, email me.

(This is a long clip, but it's required viewing. Carve out the time.)

#2: My favorite rock band of the 20 o-o's is Mclusky, and Andy Falkous, the lightsabre cocksucking bluesman who ran that band has finally resurfaced with his new project 'Future of the Left'. Check out the first two songs at their myspace page and get in on the ground level. As always, remember that the best bands can't afford to be professional musicians.

#3. Did you ever see Cool Hand Luke? Read the interview with the original Luke. Build your life and make '07 a good year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home