30 November 2006

Germs and mosquitoes

Sorry for the light posting this week. I've been struggling with a nasty cold caught from my six-month-old nephew over the holidays; the only thoughts I've had to share are 'uhhh' and 'glugg' depending on when I last emptied my sinuses. Those six-month-olds are *brutal*; if a nation ever pools their runny-nose infants together they could launch a full-scale germ attack that would have this country on its knees, or maybe on its couches, watching Dr. Phil and 'That's So Raven'.

The only thing that really helps me in a cold is sleep; everything else (cold medicine, Vitamin C, liquor) just distracts the symptoms for a few hours. Unfortunately, I've recently been the subject of early morning mosquito attacks. They divebomb me and fly by my ear, then swoop up, waiting on a nearby wall or on the ceiling like a vampire bat for their next opportunity. I've taken to sleeping with a flyswatter.

Oh, and isn't it almost December? Do we live in Malaysia? Why am I still being attacked by mosquitoes?

Anyway, I'm on the hobo car back to health, so more posts today and tomorrow (including another entry in my 'all time favorite movie characters'.)



and fighting mosquitoes in the dead of night. It's been extremely disconcerting; they fly by my ear and then wait for me, either on the wall, or on the ceiling. Last night I slept with a flyswatter.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Tony Alva said...

Well the fucking NYC weather better make the turn before I get up there in two weeks. It won't feel right if it's balmy in the holiday season and my kid needs to see some snow damn it!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was about to tell you he gave me the same one this weekend, and then noticed you posted this over a month ago. There's a pattern forming here, and I don't like it one bit, not one bit.

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home