10 November 2006

GREATEST MOVIE CHARACTERS OF ALL TIME: PREAMBLE

So I've got a job, and Donald Rumsfeld doesn't. Why don't I feel satisfied?

Long ago, I discovered my greatest gift: the ability to ignore real life when something fictitious was happening. Hell, I was programmed to; I was baptized a Catholic when I was 90 days old. 45,000 days later, or however the hell old I am, I'm still drawn to fiction, but g*d didn't keep the seat warm. it's to the movies these days, where accidents happen for a reason, problems are solved in 90-120 minutes, and where life is imitated with all the boring parts left out.



In the same way that the first 6 minutes of Fight Club revealed that Edward Norton wanted to be Brad Pitt, so goes the moviegoer: we want to be someone better. If you're like me, you sink into movies and want to become the hero of the story. You want to be Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca, Harrison Ford in Raiders of the Lost Ark or Star Wars, Tom Cruise in Top Gun, Tom Cruise in Risky Business, Tom Cruise in Cocktail, Tom Cruise in the Screech sex tape...well, you know who you want to be. (tom cruz? call me?)

Check in every week for the list.





O

1 Comments:

Blogger Jackson said...

I wanna be Connery as 007.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home