17 November 2005

WHY I LOVE SAM ASH

Just got off the phone with some boob. We'll call him Rusty. And for kicks, let's call me Hotcakes:



RUSTY:"Thanks for calling Sam Ash."

HOTCAKES: "Hi - I need to replace the power cord on my Roland RD-100 digital piano.."

RUSTY: "Wow!"

HOTCAKES: "...?"

RUSTY:

ME (er....HOTCAKES): "Uh...?"

RUSTY: "I mean, those are pretty rare."

Wow indeed. So I opted not to spend $1700.00 on the new model of digital piano so I'm facing derision from someone who makes...$9.50/hr? Just a guess. Thanks.

Roland was much more helpful. Eliminate the middleman...

5 Comments:

Blogger Chrispy said...

Brilliant.

Here's one. Sam Ash, 48th Street. I'll call the clerk "Lance" and myself "Boomer"

Boomer - (holding guitar) I've decided I'd like to buy this Epiphone.

Lance - OK, I'll go get one.

Boomer - no, I'd like to buy THIS one.

Lance - yeah, I'm getting you one still in the box.

Boomer - no, this one I'm holding, the one I've picked out after playing a bunch of them.

Lance - (rolling eyes) uh.... alright, fine.

'Cause God knows it's weird to pick out a guitar and then want to buy that VERY SAME ONE.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Dfactor said...

But I will add that Sam Ash employs Paul, who does a fine fine fine guitar set up for $45. See him upstairs above the rare guitar section.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Jackson said...

10 p/hour get's you ex-con's and soon to be con's.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

You just need to know how to play the game!

I like to go in and ask them about some feature in the product like "dynamic balancing."

I'll call the clerk "Baal" and myself "Ginger"

Baal: These Gibley pickups are great. I have them on my own guitar.

Ginger: Really? Don't you miss the dynamic balancing feature?

Baal: These have dyanmic balancing

Ginger: What's dynamic balancing?


It's a hoot if you do it right.

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work fluoxetine and fibromyalgia Digital elevation models Adult only hotels pa Lipitor and side effect timeshare restaurants

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home