20 October 2005

TODAY

is the day I'm getting my divorce proceeding under way. My ex and I have worked out all the particulars, and we'll be heading to We The People, maybe next week. We decided to do this thing without lawyers, and if We The People gets it done, I will be extremely happy and relieved to make it through what can be a very difficult process.

New York State happens to be one of only a handful in the U.S. that makes it very difficult for two consenting adults with no children to split peacefully. Although I pay a fair amount of money to the state in taxes, I'm terrified to have to put their outdated rusty machine to work on my behalf.

I of course wish all my married friends happy wonderful, fruitful relationships, but if things start to tank,I highly recommend moving to another state.