20 October 2005

There are two reasons I started this blog. One was because my friend Chris Pace changed the commenting options on his blog so that anonymous posters could no longer post, and I was inclined to write the following:

"I'd make records at home if I could set a drum kit up in there. My refrigerator's a lot bigger, for starters."

People make decisions for the most mundane, insignificant reasons.

Also, I have a pretty entertaining story to tell about my trip to Croatia this June for my friend and Strikes Again! bandmate John van Atta's wedding. It's best told in person, late at night, with your undivided attention and some cheap bourbon, but a number of people have told me to write this story down. My father, who loved me from ages 0-14 and 19-33, loved my story, and compared it to a David Sedaris story. Coming from my father, that's a misguided, ugly, awful and awesome compliment, so I will oblige him.

There are definitely some advantages to writing crap down. One, I won't leave anything out, as I often do when I tell it in person. Two, there are pictures that come to play in this story, which I can share here.

I've sat down at least 800-2000 times since late June to start writing this story, but can't find the time or patience to work at it. So I'm going to break it up a bit and tell it over time. In order to keep interest piqued, I'll try and end each segment with cliffhangers, or at least exclamation points.



MY CROATIA STORY, PART 1 of 150

This past June, I went to Croatia, mostly to attend the wedding of my good friend and Strikes Again! bandmate John van Atta, but also to experience a new country - I've done little to no travelling abroad.

I was on the same flight as the wedding party -- John, Desiree, John's parents, and countless other passengers.

I hate airports!

--------------

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it bachelor show travis los angeles boating sailing Chrysler financing Car rentals ohio

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home